Thursday, December 31, 2009

Busy few days...........

I feel as though I have done so much and seen so much over the last few days!

We (Linzi and I) have been to the Haitian Market (I will forever be thankful for Safeway), visiting Joseph and his family who live beside "the air strip" (read cow pasture) and took motorbikes out to visit a dear friend, Dameus who lives 20 minutes outside Ounaminthe and is dying of cancer.

Driving is a crazy free for all here and in the Dominican Republic but it's on a whole new level when we are on the motorcycle taxis.

This afternoon there are a couple of visitors here who are starting an orphanage in the DR and have come to see how things work here so I am taking them with Jude to the Haitian Market.
Now that I know the ropes.....?!!?!?!?!?

Linzi has gone across the border to spend time with her beau, Bertico who works at the orphanage so I will be flying solo at the boys house until I leave on the 5th.

No sure what I'm going to do without her. We love to laugh and make fun of Jude because he falls asleep ALL OVER THE PLACE. Kitchen table, floor, on the gallery ledge, on the railing outside............ it cracks us up. He is the hardest working person at the orphanage but all the photos I have of him are of him sleeping so it's a bit ironic.

We're going to do a little party with the boys around 9pm tonight. They have no clue what time it is so we'll do the countdown and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Should be fun!

Happy New Year!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment