Wednesday, May 26, 2010

from Coast to Coast - spreading the word about Haiti!


Ms. Sigut and Grade 5-S at Oxford Regional Education Centre


Mr. Palmer's Grade 5 class - OREC

I am in Oxford, Nova Scotia visiting family and friends for a week!

My mom (thank you Mom!!) arranged for me to go into the Grade 5's classrooms at the new OREC to talk about Haiti. She has been telling the kids about the work down there and has been able to pull up the orphanage website as well as this website and put it onto a big screen for the class to see! Where was that technology when I was a kid?! (No comments please... that was a rhetorical question)

The kids were great! Lots of questions about life in Haiti that told me they were really thinking about things and care about what is going on. Questions about hygiene, medical, food, education etc. Very cool to see.


Thank you to Ms. Sigut for letting me come into her class and share that time with the kids!
Thank you to Mr. Palmer for letting me come into my nephew Jackson's class to talk to them as well and thank you to all the kids for ALL their questions!
I hope you keep in touch and keep the questions coming! jen@jeninhaiti.org

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment