Sunday, January 16, 2011

I hope my mother is proud! The garden has begun!

Witson, Ti Robenson, Johnny and Davidson helping out!
Rosy filling bags!
Emma, Michela and Nehemie not pleased there is poo in the soil! But they helped anyway!
Lots of great soil! Thank you Danita!
Humble beginnings!

My mother has 2 green thumbs.............I'm hoping for 1!

Danita bought the bags of soil, the tools. I've "found seeds on the ground" (if anyone asks) and the kids are pitching in to start growning veggies and flowers! All the action is happening on the roof of the Girl's House including the "construction" of the rainwater barrels. (That's a whole other blog)

We have bougenville, tomatoes, basil, dill, coriander, thyme, rosemary, oregano, sunflowers, pumpkins, aloe, squash, avacado, watermelon with more to plant! Suggestions welcome for this hot, tropical climate!!

4 comments:

  1. Green Roof- I'm loving it!
    MLF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Jen, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things that I know grow well in heat and without needing a lot of water: okra, sweet potatoes and blackeyed peas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if your Mama is proud but your BC friend is!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete