Saturday, July 7, 2012


COKE BOTTLE LIGHTS!
Someone sent me a video about installing coke bottle lights  into the roofs of tin houses. This allows for light to come into dark homes during the day! Chandalay's mother Tida is a beloved staff member at Hope for Haiti (Danita's Children) where I spent my first 18 months in Haiti. Chandalay wanted to learn how to do it when I told him about it. I was able to purchase all the supplies and he had to get the bottles. Keith Davis and I spent the day today helping him learn how to do it and installing the light in one room of the house! LET THERE BE LIGHT!! The goal is that Chandalay can start helping others in his neighbourhood and make a small business out of it as well! We talked about recording all the jobs he can do, costs and thinking ahead about collecting the bottles. We'll see how he does at the end of the summer.
You can check out the full set of photos on my website

http://jeninhaiti.org/whats-blooming.html

No comments:

Post a Comment