Thursday, July 1, 2010

Packing, Yard Sales and the To Do list

I am sitting at Calhoun's on Broadway waiting for a friend to arrive that will help me with my networking/computer/marketing/sales issues. As I sit here, I am reflecting on how many friends have been helping me along the way. Brooks and Derran have helped me move stuff into storage, Les has been helping me be an entrepreneur, Anne has been my cheerleader, Michael my accountant, and so many others. Chris and Tim were there for me this weekend when I
finally made the decision to let Percy go. She was my cat that I had had for 20 years. So hard to make that decision. I knew I was going to have to do it no matter what but Chris and Tim were SO supportive and kind about it. Not the coolest thing to have to do on your vacation...... Thanks to Michelle for making me smile today.
All of this does make me realise how many people are helping me get to Haiti. My sister Shannon is setting up a booth selling artwork, cards and items her student has made in Nova Scotia.
It's coast to coast!
So now I am packing more boxes for storage (shuffling stuff because I can't decide what to do with it :)

Every day things are getting checked off the TO DO list. It's sometimes overwhelming, sometimes exciting and sometimes exhausting.

And the move is 16 days away...............

I especially enjoyed the conversation today with the guy from MSP as I try to sort out health insurance.

"Hi, I need to find out what my basic coverage is so I can supplement it with Travel Insurance "

MSP dude "How long will you be out of the country"

"I'll be back a couple times a year I think for a couple weeks at a time, I'm moving to Haiti"

MSP dude " Uh oh"

"What's wrong?"

MSP dude "Nothing, I just think you're crazy"

"Um, thanks..............."

Thank goodness there are a lot more encouraging words out there from friends!!!

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you - Dr. Suess.

    Your 'mountain' is waiting - So... get on your way.

    God has brought you this far only to help you climb that which is in front of you... The journey is going to be amazing!

    Love Love Love You!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete