Monday, January 4, 2010

Last full day in Haiti!!!!
















I cannot believe it's my last day!

Up at 5am to get all 21 (I've added 2 since I've been here but that's another story) showered, dressed with golf shirts, shorts, belts socks and shoes. Cornflakes breakfast and then off to school at 7am for a 7:30am start.

I went back to our house where we've had no street power for 3 nights which means the inverter doesn't charge and since we've had to run the generator so much we ran out of gas...............

Welcome to Haiti!

Actually, Linzi was awesome the other night when one of the boys came up to her and said "Mami Linzi, I hot". She just looked at him and said "Welcome to Haiti!!"


Jefferson came out and asked for a fan last night. He came into the livingroom where candles were lit because we have no power. When I explained the no power situation all I could hear as he walked back to his room was "Oh man!" hahaha


Time to get ready to pick up the boys at school! They get out by 12:30pm because there are so many kids they go in 2 shifts!

I'll be overnight in Santiago before my flight on the 6th so I will have some time to add more photos and tell more stories before I fly home!

Jen





1 comment:

  1. Jen you are doing a wonder ful thing and I know that you will be happy, BUT I will still worry about you.

    ReplyDelete